Date and Time: November 28, 2023 from 17: 30 PM – 21:15PM
Location: Antinkatu 1, 00100 Helsinki, Finland. (Aiven’s HQ)
Join us for a co-hosted meetup by Aiven in Aiven’s HQ in Helsinki. Insightful sessions on a database technologies. Migration strategies, focusing on the transition from traditional MySQL databases to cutting-edge Distributed SQL systems. In this event, expert speakers and seasoned professionals will guide you through the intricacies of migrating your data infrastructure to meet the demands of the modern digital landscape.
17:30 – 18:00 networking
18:00 – 18:40 Upgrading to TiDB from MySQL and MariaDB (Mattias)
Introduction to Database Evolution:
- Understanding the shift from traditional databases to distributed SQL systems.
- Exploring the challenges faced by businesses in the age of scalability, availability, and performance.
- MySQL to Distributed SQL Migration Strategies
18:50 – 19:05 BREAK
19:05 – 19:45 TiDB Tales: A Developer’s Post-Migration Adventures in System Optimization (Maxim Dudin, Bolt)
- Performance tuning in the Distributed SQL environment.
- Balancing data consistency, availability, and partition tolerance.
- Implementing effective monitoring and debugging techniques.
- Scaling strategies for growing workloads and user demands.
- Post-Migration System Optimization:
19:45 – 20:25 Second Day Ops for Kafka (Valenzuela & Lucian Dragos, Kafka Engineers at Irori)
- How can we organize key Kafka capabilities like Self Service, Disaster Recovery, Governance and Observability that scales from early stages to enterprise scale? This talk will highlight useful best practices and illustrate common pitfalls.
20:25 – 21:15 Networking
Speakers and Bios:
- Speaker Mattias Jonsson
- Title: Senior Database Engineer at PingCAP
- BIO: has worked with MySQL for more than 15 years. Prior to joining PingCAP, he worked for Booking.com, where he spent a significant amount of time on MySQL.
- Speaker Maxim Dudin
- Title: Senior Software Engineer
- BIO: I’m Maksim Dudin, a backend developer who’s hung out in the fintech world for about 8 years.
- Speakers: Saulo Valenzuela & Lucian Dragos, Kafka Engineers at Irori