Effective Date: July 11, 2023
To see the update history, click here.
Data collected in AI-Powered Function
We collect data to provide AI-Powered function services:
- User Engagement Data: When you use AI-Powered functions, it will collect usage information about events generated when interacting with the editor or information input during interaction with AI functions. These events include user edit actions like library and table meta information of the user database, and general data to edit SQL, questions you ask during the technical process. This information may include personal data, such as pseudonymous identifiers.
- Code Snippets Data: AI-Powered function may also collect and retain SQL that you are editing and related annotation files.
Usage and sharing of collected data
User Engagement Data and Code Snippets Data is used by AI-Powered functions and OpenAI to improve the services and to conduct product and academic research among developers. Such uses may include:
- Directly improving and evaluating AI-Powered function services;
- Developing and improving developer products and services related to AI-Powered functions and OpenAI;
- Investigating and detecting potential abuse of AI-Powered functions; and
- Improving the underlying code generation models.
Users’ Code Snippets Data will not be used as suggested code for other users of AI-Powered functions.
Protection of transmitted Code Snippets
The transmitted Code Snippets Data is encrypted in transit and at rest.
Users’ control of Code Snippets Data
Users can disable AI SQL in the settings, and then AI-Powered functions will stop the collection and transmission of related Code Snippets Data. Please note that you need to agree to enable AI SQL to continue to use AI-Powered functions.