Today, we are thrilled to announce the beta release of TiDB Cloud, the fully-managed TiDB service delivered by PingCAP. TiDB Cloud is the easiest, most economical, and most resilient way to unlock the full power of TiDB in the cloud, allowing the users to deploy and run TiDB clusters with just a few clicks.
TiDB as you know, ready for cloud
TiDB is the industry-leading open-source, NewSQL, hybrid transactional and analytical processing (HTAP) database in the market that’s available for public, private, or hybrid cloud environments. It features horizontal scalability, strong consistency, and high availability with MySQL compatibility.
During the past 5 years, TiDB has powered the businesses of around 1,000 companies in production, during which our core team at PingCAP have accumulated a wealth of expertise in architecting, tuning, and operating a distributed database in the on-premise setting. With the user base booming and TiDB maturing, we are ready to deliver the expertise and experience to the cloud.
Why TiDB Cloud?
TiDB Cloud is a comprehensive, fully-managed solution, where the PingCAP team will deliver a full suite of services and enterprise-grade tools to deploy, manage, maintain, backup, and upgrade a TiDB deployment for you. Optimized for mission-critical and massive-scale transactional and analytical workloads, TiDB Cloud is ideal for companies who want to get the most value out of TiDB for their specific use cases, with the least amount of operational overhead and cost.
- Highly secureTiDB Cloud never asks you to choose between performance and security. TiDB Cloud secures data in dedicated networks and machines, with support for encryption both in flight and at rest.
- Cost-effective, no growing painsWhen you need to increase the database storage capacity or throughput, all you need is a few clicks on the UI, and everything will happen automatically. After the traffic peaks, TiDB Cloud helps scale in clusters and move back to the most optimal operational configuration to save costs.
- Any cloud, no vendor lock-inTiDB Cloud allows its customers to use the cloud infrastructure of their choice, without fear of being locked-in by a single cloud vendor.
- Always up-to-date with the best TiDB featuresTiDB Cloud runs on the latest stable version of TiDB. You always have access to new features, performance improvements, and fixes.
- Around-the-clock supportWhen you use TiDB Cloud, you’ll be supported 24/7 by the same experts that have made TiDB the preferred database for many finance, e-commerce, SaaS, and social network platforms.
TiDB Cloud is immediately available on Amazon Web Service (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), with more cloud provider support in the works.
Getting started today
Ready to give TiDB Cloud a try? Click here. Early beta users will get $4,500 worth of credits with full benefits of TiDB Enterprise Subscription.
To learn more about TiDB Cloud, check out our documentation. Our upcoming webinar will also give you a detailed product introduction and demo. More exciting updates on the way, so stay tuned!